If You Have Never Used Zoom Before…
If you have never used ZOOM before, you are in for a treat. This is a widely used and very user-friendly video conferencing tool. It is easiest to use from a computer, but you can also use it from a smart phone. You can call in to the video conference from any phone but that is harder for everyone. The Zoom account is free and lasts forever…you might discover other uses for it, like meeting with far-away family members.
First steps, Computer:
1) If you have a fairly new computer, or know that the one you have has a camera and microphone, then on your computer, go to https://zoom.us/.
2) Click on Sign Up It’s Free
3) Sign up for an account – it will prompt you for information including your name, email address, etc.
And/Or, if you have a smart phone or tablet
1) Go to App Store or Google Play
2) In search box, type the word Zoom
3) Download the ZOOM Cloud Meetings App
4) Sign up for an account, or sign in, if you already created an account
Once you create an account, check your email. You’ll receive a confirmation email, asking you to confirm your account by clicking on a link. Once you do that, it will take you to a screen like this, where you’ll be asked to put in your name and password. After that, just continue to follow the prompts, as you wish. For instance, it may ask you if you want to invite others to zoom, and you can just click “skip.”
Please do your downloading and experimenting at least the day before your first call. If you are having difficulty, email email@example.com and I can try to help you. Please don’t wait ‘till the last minute though!
Join a Meeting
When we have a meeting or other gathering, a host will send you an email (This is an example from a colleague. You would see an email from Rev. Lori.)
It’s that easy! Having trouble? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll help you!