Welcome to our Stewardship page!
Mission for Justice,
hearts full of love
2023 is here and 2022 is finally in our rear-view mirror. This has been a challenging year. Our members and friends pledged $126,093 in our fall 2022 campaign. A big thank you to all who pledged. If you have not pledged, you may still do so.
Paying your pledge is extremely important. So please make sure to keep up with paying your pledges. Most of the expenses at the fellowship are fixed and do not vary.
In addition, if you are financially able to contribute above your pledge, that would be appreciated. If you cannot pledge but would like to help with sustaining our fellowship, please donate via any of the options below.
- “Donate” button on the UUFB website.
- Mail a check to the fellowship: P O Box 593; Beaufort, SC 29901.
- Drop off a check in the mail slot at Fellowship Hall.
- Have your bank send a check through your online Bill Pay service.
- Stock transfer.
(Please indicate in the check memo whether it is towards your pledge or a general/non-pledge donation.)
Please wear a mask, take care, and stay healthy!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any stewardship questions.
Some helpful information if you are over 70 ½ years old:
- If you are over 70 ½ and have a 401(k) plan or an IRA, you can have your plan administrator distribute your required distribution directly to the Fellowship (up to $100,000). The benefits to this are:
- You do not have to pay income tax on the distribution. However, you will not be able to take a charitable deduction.
- You will benefit the Fellowship.
- If you have appreciated stocks or bonds (not in retirement account) you can give them in-kind to the Fellowship.
- Your charitable deduction is the fair market value of the stock or bond on the date of the gift.
- You do not have to pay capital gains tax.
HELP ASSURE THE LONG-TERM FINANCIAL HEALTH OF OUR BELOVED FELLOWSHIP
Endowments of religious organizations generally perform two functions—they provide support for operating expenses under a formula designed to ensure the endowment’s long term viability, and they provide emergency loans to the Operating or Capital budget in support of immediate capital needs (e.g., a new roof).
UUFB’s Endowment currently stands at $ 24,456 . It’s use is generally prohibited until it’s value reaches $100,000. Growing an endowment is a long-term project.
We can help UUFB’s Endowment Fund reach that level by providing funds specifically designated for that Fund. Gifts can come during the donor’s life (say as a memorial gift), or as a gift from the donor’s estate.
There are a number of tax-advantaged ways of giving to an Endowment. Please consult your financial advisor, tax preparer or estate attorney about them.
Thanks for your Time – Talent – Treasure!
You are all greatly appreciated!
The Stewardship Committee
If you need a stewardship pledge form, please click here to print one.
You must be logged in to post a comment.