Welcome to our Stewardship page!
Mission for Justice,
hearts full of love
2021 is here and 2020 is finally in our rear-view mirror. Let’s all hope for better times ahead.
Our members and friends pledged $122,800 in our fall 2020 campaign. A big thank you to all who pledged. If you have not pledged, you may still do so.
Paying your pledge is extremely important. Since we are not yet gathering in person on Sundays, we are not collecting your pledges that you drop in the basket; nor are we receiving many additional donations from our members, friends, and visitors. So please make sure to keep up with paying your pledges. Most of the expenses at the fellowship are fixed and do not vary, whether we are gathering in person or not.
In addition, if you are financially able to contribute above your pledge, that would be appreciated. If you cannot pledge but would like to help with sustaining our fellowship, please donate via any of the options below.
- “Donate” button on the UUFB website.
- Mail a check to the fellowship: P O Box 593; Beaufort, SC 29901.
- Drop off a check in the mail slot at Fellowship Hall.
- Have your bank send a check through your online Bill Pay service.
- Stock transfer.
(Please indicate in the check memo whether it is towards your pledge or a general/non-pledge donation.)
We know that some will not be able to pledge or donate during the pandemic crisis and we understand. You are a valued and vital part of this fellowship.
Please wear a mask, take care, and stay healthy!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any stewardship questions.
Some helpful information if you are over 70 ½ years old:
- If you are over 70 ½ and have a 401(k) plan or an IRA, you can have your plan administrator distribute your required distribution directly to the Fellowship (up to $100,000). The benefits to this are:
a. You do not have to pay income tax on the distribution. However, you will not be able to take a charitable deduction.
b. You will benefit the Fellowship.
2. If you have appreciated stocks or bonds (not in retirement account) you can give them in-kind to the Fellowship.
a. Your charitable deduction is the fair market value of the stock or bond on the date of the gift.
b. You do not have to pay capital gains tax.
Thanks for your Time – Talent – Treasure!
You are all greatly appreciated!
The Stewardship Committee
If you need a stewardship pledge form, please click here to print one.