Welcome to our Stewardship page!
Mission for Justice,
hearts full of love
Our members and friends were very generous in our fall 2019 campaign. They pledged over $130,000, making our goal! So many thanks to all who pledged.
We are now well into 2020 and our world has drastically changed. Zoom services and meetings are now the new normal. Facetime and Skype are how we see our families and friends. The COVID-19 virus has altered our daily routine.
Paying your pledge is more important than ever. Since we are not gathering at the fellowship on Sundays, we are also not collecting your pledges that you usually drop in the basket; nor are we receiving any additional donations from our members, friends and visitors. So please make sure to keep up with paying your pledges!
In addition, if you are financially able to contribute above your pledge, we would very much appreciate it. Even if you did not pledge but would like to help with sustaining our fellowship, please donate via any of the options below.
- “Donate” button on the UUFB website.
- Mail a check to the fellowship: P O Box 593; Beaufort, SC 29901.
- Drop off a check in the mail slot at Fellowship Hall.
- Have your bank send a check through your online Bill Pay service.
- Stock transfer.
(Please indicate in the check memo whether it is towards your pledge or a general/non-pledge donation.)
We know that some members and friends will not be able to donate during these trying times and that is understood. You are appreciated and we are all anxiously awaiting better times. However, you may be one of the lucky few and do not need the stimulus money for yourself or you family that we each will be receiving. If you fall into this category, then please look into your heart and see if you are willing to donate any of this to your congregation. Most of the expenses at the fellowship are fixed and do not vary, whether we are there or not. Anything you donate will be welcomed.
Please be safe and stay healthy!
Please email email@example.com if you have any stewardship questions.
Some helpful information if you are over 70 ½ years old:
- If you are over 70 ½ and have a 401(k) plan or an IRA, you can have your plan
administrator distribute your required distribution directly to the Fellowship
(up to $100,000). The benefits to this are:
- You do not have to pay income tax on the distribution. However, you will not be able to take a charitable deduction.
- You will benefit the Fellowship.
- If you have appreciated stocks or bonds (not in retirement account) you can
give them in-kind to the Fellowship.
- Your charitable deduction is the fair market value of the stock or bond on the date of the gift.
- You do not have to pay capital gains tax.
Thanks for your Time – Talent – Treasure!
You are all greatly appreciated!
The Stewardship Committee
If you need a stewardship pledge form, please click here to print one.